Saturday, February 4, 2012

This Week's Make Up Haul

I've been trawling for drugstore make up this past week just looking to try different products. I have a really simple beauty routine and I already know what stuff works well for me but I was in an adventurous mood so...
This mascara I've already had before and really liked so I repurchased :) The eyebrow pencil, also from Maybelline, I was intrigued because it was mechanical (no need for sharpening) and had a comb at the end (perfect for traveling, I don't need to bring a separate brow comb). However, the line it draws is quite thin, I like my HG Sonia Kashuk eyebrow pencil much better.
I don't normally like to use liquid foundation because for me powder is much faster and easier to apply. I have to say though, I quite like Maybelline's Super Stay Foundation. It's supposed to be long-lasting too (haven't proved it yet though) and very affordable. Nice medium coverage and the consistency I like better than MAC's Studio Fix Fluid.

Found this compact, Boots No 7, and I thought it was pretty so I got it. Wanted to find out if I could replace my trusty MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I was kinda disappointed. The powder settled into my fine lines and emphasized my pores :( It also had a weird fishy smell. Should have researched this one first before I bought. Good thing it wasn't that expensive.

I got this Milani eyeliner as I've heard a lot of good reviews about it. In summary it's like a cream eyeliner on a stick, so smooth to apply and the blackest black eyeliner I've ever tried. The downside is if you have oily lids it's definitely gonna run.

Lastly, I got a quad from Rimmel. I was gonna get two but decided to try this one first then purchase the other set of colors if I liked how this one turned out. It's ok, not very pigmented, a little shimmery and very powdery. It was also very inexpensive so I was not expecting much.

So that's it for my trial and error make up this week. Ahh, the beauty of being a woman... :)

1 comment:

  1. I use liquid foundation because I believe it's so much faster to apply than the pressed powder. Haha. Baliktad tayo sis.

    Thanks for the visit. Happy weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete