Monday, August 1, 2011

Barbie Crazie

My husband's older brother has three girls ages 2-7 and they are crazy about Barbie dolls. I didn't really play with Barbies when I was a little girl, I was more like a tomboy back then and my choice of playthings were marbles [jolen], rubber bands [lastiko], and Legos. So it's a novelty to be buying stuff for our nieces...
The eldest one says she prefers the quintessential-looking caucasian Barbie so we got her two of those. I do think that the one of the far right has the best-looking face though. We also got them some wardrobe changes because Barbie can't be at the beach all the time :) Now is this fun or what? My paper dolls in 4th grade were nothing compared to this...
And... when Barbie needs to get around she can cruise in style on a pink convertible!
They didn't have the "Glam House" when we were in the store so I'll just get it some other time. I also saw the black label Barbie collectibles - they're so cute I want to buy them for myself! It seems a bit to late to be enjoying these dolls but I was deprived of the experience when I was young so I'm catching up now :)

2 comments:

  1. We had the same toys when we were kids! And yeah, I did not play with barbie too! Now, my little girl is already asking for Barbie stuff and I enjoy looking at them, I leave the buying to the Tita. And oh, I love paper dolls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play with Barbies before, aside from the usual legos and rubber bands (tomboyish myself when I was little). I think what I liked the most was playing around with the outfits and small accessories. =)

    ReplyDelete