Monday, August 1, 2011

My Husband's Ugly Shoes

No amount of cajoling can convince this stubborn man that I married. He just had to have these fugly footwear brand that I've been trying to steer him away from for the longest time. But we are going camping this weekend and he really wanted to get it for camp. I gave up because if the one you love wants to get something he loves, what are you gonna do about it? I just let it go this time, hopefully he will only wear them for camp and it will get so dirty and disgusting that I would have to throw them away afterward...
I swear to add insult to injury he had to get jibbits, which are cute if, say, you were 4 years old and had crocs, but he's a grown man, it looks kinda stupid if you ask me. Gosh, it was so exasperating, we were in that store for more than an hour and he came up with a tennis ball [he plays tennis], a race car [he likes to watch F1 racing], a guitar [he plays too], etc, you get my drift. He says they're really comfortable. Honestly, I tried on a pair, they're not. My slippers from A&F were a lot softer and a lot nicer for much less money. But he seems to be really happy with this purchase so I can't stay upset at him and his fugly shoes...

I have to close off this post with something pretty. I just have to...

I wanted to get a new watch to replace my Guess Waterpro that just stopped working last week. I had a few requirements though: it needs to have a second hand, it needs to be lightweight, and it needs to be water resistant to some extent. So first we went to Swatch, I was surprised that they didn't have a lot of selection with my specifications. I did end up buying a blue one because it was the only one that I kind of liked.

So we walked around the mall some more, my husband got a few shirts and shorts from Banana Republic, then we dropped by another watch store and what do you know, I found a better watch for exactly the same price!
And it's in my favorite color too! I just had to have it so I bought it on the spot. The straps are rubberized, if you're wondering. Now my dilemma was I didn't like the Swatch watch anymore now that I had this pretty thing. So we went back to the Swatch store and I told the gay guy who sold me the watch that I found something better. He told me that sorry, the watch can only be returned for store credit or exchanged for something else. I was crestfallen. I didn't want a Swatch. So he goes to his manager and thank goodness he was so nice. He said since I just bought the watch an hour ago that he would void the transaction, he felt bad for not giving me my money back. I was so thankful and I told them so and also apologized for the inconvenience, they were really gracious about it. See, that's customer service for you.

5 comments:

  1. I found Crocs to be fugly too! One of the worst inventions of man when it comes to fashion and comfort. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so like your watch and oh yeah, I really with the fugly Crocs. Had to laugh at your post coz I felt so the same :) At least, he was happy with it. Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog and reminding me the name of the nut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your watch! That is so kind of Swatch, huh. And yeah, that is what we should call customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red watch! =) new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here. I hate crocs! I wonder why they're so darn popular!

    ReplyDelete