Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 25

Blog: Something that you miss.


I miss being a child. Being carefree and being dependent on my parents. I miss playing all day, not having to work, not having to pay bills, not being responsible for anything. Sadly, I will never get that back and childhood will forever be a fond memory. I was playing with my friend's 8-year old daughter today and it struck me how different my childhood was from hers. She had better toys, games, books, activities, and opportunities while we only had the necessities... Still, I could relate to her fun and happiness because I remember what it was like. Every child should have the opportunity to just be a child and act like a child. Kids these days seem to grow up too quickly, wearing make-up/slutty clothes too soon, acting like they're mature and independent when clearly they're not. Honestly, there's plenty of time to do that when you're older :) Don't grow up too fast little ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment