Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lovin' Laoag

I have too many pictures from our Ilocos Norte trip so I'm just going to break it in sections so it would be more manageable for me to blog about it. I'm too lazy to do a full documentary but since they say "a picture says a thousand words" I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. Here's an aerial shot of Laoag just before we landed. Pretty huh?
We visited the Marcos Mausoleum which is adjacent to the Marcos Museum in Batac. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but anyway... here's the gang [minus me, of course, coz I'm taking the picture.]
It was cool to see the preserved remains of the former president, free of charge. But since this is a tourist spot, the locals use it to their advantage to sell their wares. 
We left with a bunch of tinubong and chichacorn. It's pretty cool, you have to whack it open before you can eat it... here's a pic of the tinubong...
And this is me in front of the Marcos Museum, just coz I don't have a picture yet :)
Paoay Church
With the best friends in the whole world!
Are they practicing for pre-nup portraits?
MalacaƱang of the North
It's such a beautiful house.
View of Paoay Lake from the balcony.
Just me.
Wandering around.
Sparse and breezy interiors.
I was disappointed to not see a single pair of Imelda's shoes. But these guys seemed to like the tour :)
We also visited Marcos' birthplace in Sarrat.
There's so much history in this place but poorly archived. 
A couple of pictures...
And here's me with the caretaker.
Next up: touristy spots in Vigan and the rest of Ilocos Norte

3 comments:

  1. nice photos! galing ng mga shots.. been to laoag and visited those places also, but too bad 'cause during that time, hindi pa masyado uso ang digital cameras :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you. I wish I can visit Laoag again.

    ReplyDelete