Saturday, May 16, 2009

PhotoHunt: Painted

This week's PhotoHunt theme is painted. I thought of sharing this whimsically painted apartment building called Hundertwasserhouse in Vienna. The Austrian artist who designed this building also has similar brightly colored structures scattered across Europe but so far, I've only been to this one.
The photo below was taken at the New York Botanical Garden. I've always admired people who could paint and draw, it's just not one of my talents. I was not sure if the artist meant for his painting to be sold or if he was just painting for himself. But I think he's doing a pretty good job...

8 comments:

  1. this is really nice janelle, i love looking at artworks and that building is eye catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that guy up there is really a talent :)

    my entry is a day late, but it's up anyway and it is right here..^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool...
    I wonder why I haven't seen people painting in the streets here in the Philippines...
    I really like reading your blog. ^_^
    I also gave you an award.
    You can go get it at http://squeekar.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-first-awardfriendship-award-2009.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen that house in Vienna and it is amazing and unusual... the plants growing out the sides and all the strange angles are really something. I can imagine how it might be difficult to decorate and arrange furniture in the apartments. Great shots!
    Mine is up here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The building is amazing. I would love to see more fun designs like this in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that building is rather popular..i've seen it featured in some magazine and blogs too. am a big admirer of creative people too. I just want to be like them, but can't:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely photos!

    the first one reminded me of an old apartment my lola has, it's walls were covered with colored tiles. so cute!

    ReplyDelete