Friday, July 17, 2009

10 Things About Me

I got tagged by utotmopink so here goes...


Things you may or may not know about me:

1. We moved around a lot while I was growing up. I've lived in Naga, Legaspi, Daet, Aklan, Bacolod and New York. Interestingly enough, I've never lived in Manila.

2. Although English is my first language (I only learned Tagalog when I started going to school at age 4), I am able to communicate in Bicolano, Cebuano, Ilonggo, Aklanon and Spanish (I took it as a foreign language class for two semesters in college).

3. I am the eldest of 4 children, I have 3 younger brothers.

4. I play the piano, guitar and some violin and clarinet - but the last two I hardly touch anymore.

5. I have a short attention span. If you see me nodding and smiling after 10 minutes, I'm not really listening to you.

6. Up until I was 6 or so I was predominantly left-handed, until my dad decided I wouldn't succeed in life if that was the case (just kidding) and forced me to use my right hand. So now I am right handed but still with right-brained tendencies, which makes me a little messed up inside.

7. I am a gadget geek - the internet, cool stuff and technology in general fascinate me. I read Gizmodo and Engadget daily.

8. Even though my grandfather (my dad's dad) was a Cantonese immigrant, my family has not retained any Chinese heritage nor practice any of the many customary traditions. We know nothing of the language or culture but I don't think we missed out.

9. I am lactose intolerant. Like 90% of other Asians out there. But despite that, I will still not give up my dairy products.

10. I love to travel but I hate long plane rides. If only I could snap my fingers and instantly be where I want to be... :)

The Rules of this Tag are:

- Tell your readers 10 things about you that they may or may not know, but are true.
- Tag 10 people, and be sure to let them know they've been tagged.
- Don't forget to link back to the blogger who tagged you.

I am tagging:

4 comments:

  1. #2 is a wow! you are a.. polyglot? galeng sis! bow ako sa'yo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know 90% of Asians are lactose intolerant. Now I can use this info with my husband when he offers me ice cream or milk. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just gonna say, is it ok if I added you in my blog roll? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!

    If you have some time, I invite you to please care to visit my site and take a time to leave some comments

    http://www.filipinoliterature.blogspot.com

    Sentimental poetry,
    Novels,
    Essay, etc

    Thank you and Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete