Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Camping Weekend

Warning: This is a picture-heavy post.

Went camping last weekend with a bunch of my friends. It was nice to get away from the busyness of work and the city for a while.

It rained really hard when we got there, it was a real bummer pitching tents... But it was bright and sunny the next day and it stayed that way until the end of the trip. Here's a group shot of all of us...
Preparing for breakfast - we had nasi goreng, champorado, scrambled eggs, cereal, fruit, turkey bacon, veggie patties, chicken adobo, hot chocolate... and the list goes on :)
My favorite time - nap time :)
Went out later the next day for a hike on a really cool trail. Of course, Mr. Photographer had to bring his gear...
My friend's daughter - Justine. She stuck with me through 90% of the hike and told me all about her trip to Disneyland, going in detail about all the rides she went to.
Some wildflowers that were on the trail.
And finally, after about a 40-minute hike, we reached our destination...
I didn't get in because the water was so cold. It did look really inviting though... (That's my brother with the weird pose, btw.)
The baby of the group went in but only for about 5 minutes. Then she had to bundle back into warm clothes. Here she is with Ate Jean...
Cool (dead?) tree on the way back.
And you know how I am with my flowers...
I was eating a grass stalk so she curiously asked me if she could try it too. Kids really do try to imitate everything you do. The walking stick idea she got from watching her dad.
More wildflowers...


And wild 'shrooms.
Back to the campsite and picture taking. Thank goodness for tripods and self-timers :)
Getting ready for our midnight barbeque and s'mores...
Ella and Jemn goofing around. I don't know why Jemuel was smelling the Growers...
Yummy bistek and leftover adobo in the other pot...
I swear the bistek sauce on top of white rice could've made a complete meal but I also got extra-large helpings of Jufran-infused spaghetti.
Smokin' cold...
Corn, burgers and hotdogs on the grill... We slept around 2 a.m. just talking, eating, playing Taboo, charades, telling each other scary stories. It was a lot of fun.
The next day we are still eating the same thing - we had to finish the perishables in the cooler coz nobody wanted to bring food back home. Justine again with Kuya Mark who is visiting from California...
Nobody brought sauerkraut and I forgot to put ketchup. Otherwise, this would've been an awesome hotdog...
Leftover corn...
Playing ninja. We also played patintero and volleyball, some canoed and went boating in the lake...
Here's Justine and Kuya Rydee swimming...
She really loves the water...
All in all, a great weekend with friends and family, we're going camping again in 2 weeks - I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. never experienced camping that way.. i mean, you know, the long hike, the bbQ, tents, etc.

    aha! meron pala!! back in grade school.. but ei. that was the girl scout camp..^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would say that it was definitely a great experience for you. I've never experienced camping yet... *sniff*

    ReplyDelete