Sunday, July 26, 2009

PhotoHunt: Utensils

Plastic utensils at a Christmas party two years ago. We can't really avoid using plastic especially for big gatherings - it's just much more convenient and easier than having to take care of hundreds of forks/knives/spoons when the party is over.
I wish we could all come up with a better idea for minimizing our plastic utensil usage (including styrofoam plates, bowls and cups) and keeping those things out of our landfills. If everyone could maybe bring their own utensils or reuse them... but then again, it's just our wasteful human nature not to...

See more PhotoHunt entries here.

5 comments:

  1. agree with u sis and i really dont enjoy eating when im using plastic utensils :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are convenient, though, aren't they?

    http://blondesherry.blogspot.com/2009/07/ph-utensils-and-opening-ones-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about waste. I've stopped using plastic, paper, and styrofoam on the table whenever I can. Our family get-togethers are small enough now that we use only washable dishes and utensils.

    My utensils are here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree. we should all do our share even how small it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to photography and photohunting..it's fun! I just thought I'd say hi and I enjoy looking at your shots. :) Feel free to check out my first ever entry... http://ishotthese.blogspot.com/2009/07/photohunt-utensils.html . thanks.

    ReplyDelete