Friday, November 6, 2009

Unintentional Weight Loss

My gums are still healing from my previous oral surgery (see last post) and I still have 2 stitches in my mouth so I can't really eat anything solid yet. I feel like a baby - my diet is restricted to liquid and soft food for now, everything cold or room temperature. So I've been living on Cerelac, juice, milkshakes, yogurt and broth. Ugh. I'm so sick of it! I can't wait to eat real food again!

My lunch...
As a consequence of this diet restriction I'm on, I've been losing mad weight. Unlike some people, I actually need to gain weight, I'm so skinny as it is already. So, yeah, this is not good. I remember this also happened when I first got the dreaded braces, I had a hard time eating for about 2 weeks.
On the other hand, I now have an answer to anyone who asks me how to lose weight quick - get some teeth pulled! Hehe, just kidding.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate! :) When I had my wisdome tooth extracted, I couldn't eat so much and I had liquid diet :( Wasn't the best days but losing weight is a plus :D I hope your stitches will heal soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this post now, and what a coincidence.

    I'm having all my wisdom teeth pulled next week, and I'm dreading it. It's a big ouch!, not just in terms of the pain but also because it's so freakin' expensive. I never realized that it costs so much to have wisdom teeth pulled.

    Anyway, I'm curious...

    How long did it take you to "recover"? Will the face get bloated after surgery? Do I need to take a leave from work?

    ReplyDelete